Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birth Control

Ever heard a message in church on Birth Control? Can't say that I have, but I gave one last Sunday. Two reasons led me to choose this topic. First, I want to continually show that God has something to say about every area of our lives. Not that we have chapter and verse on birth control, but we do have theological truths that form a foundation for thinking about it. Birth control is a great topic for honing our spiritual discernment. Second, up until two years ago I had no idea there was considerable evidence on the abortive effect of the Pill. Having researched this I felt compelled to share the potential threat with my congregation. Check it out and let me know what you think. Here are two books worth checking out on the issue: by Randy Alcorn and by Andreas Kostenberger (ch. 7).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis