Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Real Jesus: Quotes

As I teach through the series The Real Jesus at Oxford Bible Fellowship, I'll post some quotes and insights from various authors. Here's one to start:
"Interpretations of Jesus are fraught with bias. He’s a powerful figure whom people want on their sides – and they’re willing to re–create him in their image to enlist support. Animal–rights activists imagine a vegetarian Jesus. New Agers make him an example of finding the god within. And radical feminists strip him of divinity so that Christianity doesn’t appear sexist. Frankly, it’s hard to escape the feeling that our culture has taken Jesus’ question ‘Who do you say I am?’ and changed it to ‘Who do you want me to be?'"
Robert M. Bowman, Jr. & J. Ed Komoszewski, Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ (Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 2007) 17.

1 comment:

  1. Hi admin,
    your post is very special for us.I think quotes are very special for everyday life. I have collected many quotes from you, and I will come back soon. It's encourage to work everyday life.So thanks a lot for doing this job

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis