Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

From Kevin DeYoung:

Indulge me in a brief “kids say the darnedest things” story.

Last night I was playing soccer in the backyard with my two oldest sons. After stopping the ball outside the goal I threw the ball with two hands to the other side of the yard. I was trying to get it to the son playing on my team. Anyway, the ball landed, rolled a few feet all by itself, and made its way untouched directly into the goal clear over at the other fence. My five year old son came sprinting to me across the yard and made my day with his exclamation: “Wow, daddy, only you and Jesus can do that.”


Update: Someone in the comments reminded me of what my daughter Lexys said to me when she was 5 years old and I was doing some stretches, "Daddy, why are you pretending like you can't touch the floor?"


1 comment:

  1. I still like the story of you trying to stretch your back out and one of your girls asking, "Daddy, why are you pretending that you can't touch your toes?"

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis