- He regenerates dead people, making them alive to God (Titus 3:5; John 3:3-8)
- He baptizes believers into the body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:13)
- He indwells believer, making them a place of worship to God (1 Cor. 3:16; 1 Cor. 6:19-20)
- He sanctifies believers, growing them in holiness (Rom. 15:16; 1 Cor. 6:11; 2 Thess. 2:13; 1 Pet. 1:2)
- He seals believers, keeping them secure in their salvation (Eph. 1:13-14; Eph. 4:30)
- He fills believers as they submit to his leading (Eph. 5:18)
- He helps believers pray effectively to God the Father (Rom. 8:26-27)
- He adopts us into the family of God, affirming that we are God's children (Rom. 8:15-17; Eph. 1:5)
Friday, October 8, 2010
What Else Does the Holy Spirit Do?
Yesterday, I posted from John 13-16 on a number of things the Holy Spirit does. The following list isn't exhaustive, but here are 8 more things we learn about the Holy Spirit from the rest of the New Testament.