This is an important, painful poem from a woman whose husband was addicted to pornography.I'd add to this list the book I recommend the most for those struggling with purity, Josh Harris' Sex is Not the Problem, Lust Is.
If you are struggling with porn, or seeking to help someone who is, there is help:
- Tim Chester, Closing the Window: Steps to Living Porn Free
- Tim Challies, Sexual Detox: A Guide for Guys who are Sick of Porn
- Brian Croft, Help! He’s Struggling with Pornography
Some free resources below:
- R. Albert Mohler Jr., “The Seduction of Pornography and the Integrity of Christian Marriage” (talk to college students: PDF, MP3)
- David Powlison, “Breaking Pornography Addiction” (article: part 1, part 2)
- David Powlison, Making All Things New: Restoring Pure Joy to the Sexually Broken (conference talk: audio, video, and chapter)
- John Piper, Battling the Unbelief of Lust (sermon in manuscript, audio)
- John Piper, A.N.T.H.E.M: Strategies for Fighting Sexual Lust (article)
- Rick Holland, A Biblical Strategy for Fighting Lust (conference talk; see related manuscript)
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Help in the Fight for Purity
Here's a helpful post by Justin Taylor with resources for those struggling with pornography. Even if you are not "addicted" to porn these resources can be very helpful in your fight for purity.