Friday, February 25, 2011

Dancing in the Minefields

Michelle and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage in March. We have three little girls and another child on the way. I hope God gives us many more years together. A couple nights ago we spoke to a group of Miami students about relationships, marriage, and sex. While there is so much to learn, there is one key truth no relationship can do without: We love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19). Marriage is such hard work, full of the need to forgive, love, sacrifice, and give. The only way that is possible is by looking to Jesus who first and still loves me.

Michelle and I still have a long way to go, and we don't know what trials await us. But we are trying hard, with his help, to love because he loves us. And after almost ten years of marriage we are happy (much of the time) and grateful (most of the time). God has been good to us.

I listened to this song by Andrew Petersen recently, and it made me thankful for my wife and for God giving us marriage and his love to make it work.



HT: Kevin DeYoung

3 comments:

  1. So when is Andrew Peterson performing at Oxford Bible Fellowship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jer! I am looking forward to the years ahead. Crazy times await and it will sometimes be a blur, but I am happy we are in this together. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See how great she is...

    Dallas - that'd be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis