Monday, November 21, 2011

Just One Thought Away From Heading Down a Path of Destruction

A great challenge here from Mark Brown:
Only time will reveal what really happened with Jerry Sandusky at Penn State. To say that it is a very tragic and difficult situation is an understatement. While I had a range of emotions when I first heard about the scandal from shock to anger to empathy to sadness, I also had fear. Now this fear was related to my own potential to fail. You see, I sin just like Jerry. My sin may not be dressed up the same way as Jerry's, but I sin. In fact, I have thoughts that are not always pure and holy. I have moments in my mind that I would never want shared on this blog. So the challenge for me is this: what do I do with my sinful thoughts? The Apostle Paul urges us to "...take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." (2 Cor. 10:5) But he says this in the first person plural. He says "We are destroying speculations..." (NASB) Paul is putting himself in the same category as the listener. 1 John 1:9 says that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis