Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What To Do With God's Money?

On Sunday I spoke from 2 Corinthians 9 on the Stewardship of Giving. You can listen to the message here. In addition here are some other things from the message to provoke your thinking.

Global Rich List
A great site to help you see how rich you are in comparison with the rest of the world.

Quotes
C.S. Lewis
I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare. In other words, if our expenditure on comforts, luxuries, amusements, etc. is up to the standard common among those with the same income as our own, we are probably giving away too little. If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things we should like to do and cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them.

Hudson Taylor
The less I spent on myself and the more I gave to others, the fuller of happiness and blessing did my soul become.

Principles for Christian Giving (2 Cor. 9)
  • Giving is all about investing in what really matters (v. 6)
  • Giving should be planned with joy (v. 7)
  • Givers rest in God's provision (v. 8-9)
  • Givers are made rich in order to be generous (v. 10-11)
  • Givers receive back much more than they give (v. 11-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis